Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TdMB minus 82 days

Bike of choice     : Kap
Distance              : 33Km
metres climbed    : +830
Commute home - Grenoble, Sassenage, eh-hop-up-we-go, Lans and then a spin on the plateau

If you look at the numbers you might note a slightly gratuitous "10%" theme to this ride ;o)

Plan (a) was to get up early today and go for a big ride before work, plan (b) was to get out at lunchtime instead, plan (c) was in itself nearly scuppered but thankfully salvaged.

A simple commute up the hill from work with a wee lap on the plateau just to hit the 33Km mark although by definition I overcooked the perfect tenth in altitude. It gave me an idea though, will look for a loop that give's me some unimportant percentage of the TdMB with no overall altitude difference to keep my engineering mentality occupied.

I'm not really sure why the muscle memory is there but I'm oh so glad that it is, ride felt easy, I wasn't pushing it at all, left the office tired (in glorious sunshine) and still put in a very respectable 63mins for the climb itself so I'm just a little bit pleased with myself tonight.

The engines are running and it would appear that they didn't sieze up and go rusty during the down-time. Time to start planning some stepping stones to up the game and build some of that stamina stuff (and get a bit more regular with the plan)

Confidence level jumps up from 14 to 17.3% as a result

No comments: