Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friends are ace and arrive with great ideas just when you need them ....

TdMB minus 54 days

With the dull ache of Sundays ride fading from my legs, I was just having a gander at the TdMB route to see how that ride compared to what is to come, pontificating how far round the lap I'd have been as I crossed the line in Autrans and wondering how much bigger the mental challenge is going to be.

There are only 80 entrants so far, a number that will obviously increase a bit but with 330Km's of road I expect we'll thin out very fast and after the first 60 - 100Km of "were in this together" spirit I sense we might find ourselves riding solo for the rest of the lap.

I was just pondering that prospect when a wee angel fluttered by and landed on my shoulder, a wee angel called Rob who proposed meeting me in Martigny and riding over the Col de Champex AND the Col du Grand Saint-Bernard  as far as Aosta ... what a gold plated frocking superstar !!!!

Kate, who I've not met yet, shares that acolade as she's donating him for the day ...

Martigny IS the 100Km point ....

That just made my day, I'm barking from ear to ear I am

No comments: