Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a wee col for lunch !

TdMB minus 61 days

Bike of choice     : Kap
Distance              : 35Km
metres climbed    : +1172m

I guess someone was listening then, the sun is out, there's a bit of energy flowing, the motivation is present and I didn't have any early afternoon meeting to attend.

So I casually mentioned a lunchtime ride to my colleague Fred knowing that his bike was moored next to Kap down in the bike racks.

The Col de la Porte in the Chartreuse was ready for it's first tasting of the season ... a 1Km warmup at best then straight up a relentless but fun, twisty climb in the trees to the top and back down, bit of chat along the way and into the canteen for lunch - after a shower of course !

It's one of the great advantages of working here in Grenoble, big climbs you can almost reach out and touch from the office window and a deep acceptance of the concept of a 1hr40 ride followed by a quick refeuling in the canteen.

I felt good !

I'm buzzing now I am :O)

Groof woof yip gruff awooooooooo

No comments: